Simply Delicious Guacamole
What is a party without guac? We shall not talk about that because it is unfathomable (to us) to have any get together without it. We love our guacamole and with this simple recipe it’s not just for parties anymore. Bonus, it is so delicious!
· 3 medium to large ripe avocados
· 2-3 scallions (we call them green onions but are trying to be fancy) finely chopped
· 3T finely chopped fresh cilantro
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut avocados in half and remove pits the best way you can. We try to remove it by stabbing it with a knife, but it never works for us, so we end up scooping it out with a spoon. Slice each avocado in the skin in a grid like pattern then scoop out into bowl. This will ease in mashing and give you already perfect chunks to leave in the mix.
2. Mash avocados to your own liking. We like it a little chunky but if you don’t go for it and mash those babies all the way.
3. Stir in green onions and cilantro.
4. Add salt and pepper to your own specific taste, which means lots of sampling!
5. Finally, if desired, squeeze in some lime juice to preserve color.
We only make what we can eat but sometimes that is hard to figure out for a party. If your guac is still pretty and you want to store it, the best way is to pack it into a carton making sure there are no air bubbles. Next, pour a little water on top, place the lid on the carton and store in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat it just poor off the water, stir your quac and its as pretty as the day you made it. We have only tried this overnight since quac does not last long at our house but let us know if you try it for longer, we would love to hear about it!
This guacamole is not spicy, but it is delicious. It is customizable, so go ahead and spice it up with a jalapeno or add some color with a tomato but for us the simplicity of this recipe is part of why it is so delicious. Enjoy!
Kristin and Emily