Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Finally, a dish that satisfies your meat eaters! Our fourth and last recipe for game day is spicy and holds the record for the quickest prep time you have ever seen. Plus, it freezes nicely if you want to make it ahead of time. Let’s get cooking!
📷Prep Time: 5 minutes tops
📷Cook Time: 6 hours in slow cooker
· 1 lb. chicken breast
· ¼ c coconut oil (melted)
· 1 ¼ c hot sauce
· For serving: 8-10 slider buns -or- 4 small baked sweet potatoes halved
· For garnish: ½ c chopped green onion
1. Mix hot sauce and coconut oil with whisk. If your coconut oil starts to congeal just microwave the mixture until it is all liquified and mixed together.
2. Place whole chicken breasts in slow cooker and poor hot sauce mixture over the chicken.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. While it is in the slow cooker, shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix together with sauce.
5. Serve with slider buns or, for a non-gluten option, serve on halved baked sweet potatoes. Garnish with chopped green onion.
Yes, it is really that easy! For a party you can leave the chicken in the slow cooker on warm and just place buns and potatoes by it for guests to serve themselves throughout the night.
We hope that you have found our game-day, any-day recipes fun, yummy and easy to put together. Have a great Super Bowl Party or girl’s night or family night or whatever event brings you together with your besties in life.
Kristin and Emily